What is Medicare?
- The nation’s largest health insurance program. It provides high-quality health care to:
- People age 65 and older
- People under age 65 with certain disabilities
- All people with end-stage renal disease (ESRD)
- Administered by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
Medicare has 4 parts:
- Part A and Part B – managed by the federal government, referred to as Original Medicare
- Part C and Part D – offered by Private Health Insurance companies with an approved Medicare contract.